How to Ask Your Maid of Honor to be Part of Your Big Day: DIY MOH Gift Basket
Now that your man has popped the big question, it’s time to do the same to your best girlfriend(s)! After all, your big day just isn’t the same without your girls by your side!
Here’s how to ask your MOH (Matron/Maid of Honor) to be part of your wedding day.
It’s critical you ask
First things first…it’s not good to just assume that the girls you want to be your bridesmaids are willing/able to. There is both a time and financial commitment when you’re in a wedding and, depending on someone’s situation, they may or may not be able to be part of your wedding day in the capacity you’d like.
Hence…why you ask!
Choose how you ask
Now you can start to put your own flavor on how you ask. Typically, it’s best to at least ask someone in person or over the phone (no texting, people!), but cute gifts or unique ways to ask have become popular more recently. (For some inspiration for asking both groomsmen and bridesmaids to be in your wedding, here’s a simple Pinterest search!)
I, of course, am a sucker for all things arranged in beautiful gift baskets!
How to: Create a DIY Maid of Honor Gift Basket
Since I am only having my best friend in our wedding, I was able to go all out with a single gift basket for her.
1. Go shopping!
Start by going out to your favorite shop(s) and find all things perfect for your MOH. (My personal fav is Marshall’s!) There are also a ton of amazing handmade and customized gifts you can purchase on Etsy.
Some of my favorite ideas (some of which I used myself!) include:
- A fun way to say “Will you be my MOH?” (I ended up finding these gorgeous decorative fans that I applied sticky letters to say “Be My Matron!”)
- Spa/girls’ night package (sea salts or bath soak, soaps, candle, face masks, nail polish, etc.)
- Customized/”team bride” glass
- Journal for wedding planning
- MOH’s favorite drink ingredients/bottle of wine or bubbly
- Small plant or succulent
- Robe to get wedding-ready in
- Customized jewelry (to wear for the big day!)
- Card (for the official asking) (I ended up making my own with this language, but here are some more ideas: 1, 2)
- A gorgeous box to arrange everything in!
2. Arrange your basket.
This is my favorite part…putting the basket together because 1) it’s fun! and 2) it’s gorgeous!
3. Ask your girl!
Give your gift to your MOH and hope she says yes!