The Ultimate Tool & Supply Guide for Bullet Journaling
This post contains some affiliate links, which means – at no additional cost to you – I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Ever since I started journaling over 2 years ago, I’ve heard this a lot: “Ugh. Isn’t it expensive? Don’t I need a ton of stuff to start?
Honestly? No. You “need” way less than you think you do.
In fact, I recommend starting small with your journal and growing, depending on what you like. To get started, you really only need a favorite journal and a pen. From there, you can start getting creative with colored pens and markers and so much more.
Keep on reading for my full list of supplies (and easy links to purchase them!).
View this post on Instagram
Bullet Journal Supply List
- A journal (My favorite – and the favorite in the Journaling community – is the Leuchtturm1917)
- Black pens (I recommend using Sharpie fine point pens, but this one is really a personal preference)
- A set of colored pens (I enjoy the Stabilo BOSS Original, Zebra Midliners, and Tombow Dual Brush Pens)
- A straight edge and…
- Stencil (if that’s your jam) (I use this one to have the best of both worlds)
Other Tools for Bullet Journaling
- Time (you can spend as little or as much time as you want! I typically do my weekly spread while watching an hour of TV once a week!)
- Your creativity (check out my Pinterest board or Instagram to get inspired)
Make sure you follow @journalwithnicki to see them as they come out on Instagram.