Recently I did something fun.
I made a list of things that make me epically, fantastically, unquestionably blissful. Then, I promised myself that I would do one thing on that list every single day.
Since the day I created my list, I’ve only missed maybe one day (because I was sick). But I’ve noticed that instead of having any of those “icky-today-was-a-waste” days, I’ve felt like every day’s been complete.
I am by no means suggesting you can – or should – plan out perfect moments. Instead, I’m suggesting that if you feel like your day isn’t complete, are feeling “bleh”, or are simply restless, visit your “happy list” and take that next step to being a happier you.
For inspiration, some things on my list include:
- Make dinner while having a glass of wine and listening to jazz.
- Spend a night with girlfriends playing cards, watching a movie, or just hanging out….and laughing. Lots and lots of laughing.
- Do a solid yoga session.
- Get dressed up and go out with friends at a jazz bar.
- Get dressed up and go…anywhere!
- Take a long, relaxing run.
- Check off a ton of items off my to-do list.
- Write something I feel good about.
- Have a really good conversation with a friend or family member.
- Have a kickass lifting session.
- Make someone belly laugh.
- Belly laugh myself.
- Turn off the TV and read a great book.
- Take a bubble bath.
What about you, what’s on your “happy list”?